Consider joining TBA today to receive special discounts from local vendors, experience opportunities for networking, CLE and client referrals, and receive regular news updates.
>> MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION <<
Membership in TBA is an excellent return on investment. Discounts are available for young lawyers, Florida registered paralegals and lawyers under 36 years old or in practice fewer than five years. Law students and members of the judiciary join at no charge. Regular annual membership dues are $175 a year, and TBA membership provides a huge array of benefits for YOU:
- Numerous Professional Networking Events. TBA members enjoy discounted pricing on our well-attended networking events and CLEs, including TBA signature events like the annual Chili Cook-Off, Table for 8 and Fish Fry.
- Excellent, Cutting-Edge CLEs. Offered to TBA members FREE or at discounted prices.
- Regular News, Updates and Legal Community Announcements. TBA members receive timely, relevant news about legal community events, Florida Bar announcements, jobs, pro bono service, awards and more delivered directly to their inboxes every other week. Never miss another opportunity to network or participate! Your membership also gives you access to the quarterly TBA Bulletin magazine full of feature news, member and event photos, key event coverage and more.
- Free Job Bank. Your post to TBA’s job bank is shared on our active Facebook and Twitter profiles—giving your job announcement greater reach in the Second Judicial Circuit.
- Exclusive Member Discounts. TBA members have access to an array of discounted services and incentives from more than 15 vendors from hotels to accounting services.
- Active Social Media Profiles. TBA’s Facebook and Twitter accounts are integrated into The Florida Bar’s vast social media network, so posts about our members’ news, pro bono service, awards and firm milestones get statewide attention.
- Inspirational Members-Only Awards. Only TBA members can be nominated for our annual awards: Champion for Diversity in the Legal Profession, Martha Barnett Women Lawyers of Achievement, Lifetime Professionalism and Thomas M. Ervin Jr. Distinguished Young Lawyer. Award recipients receive excellent publicity through local media, The Florida Bar News and on social media.
TBA members now can participate in voluntary pro bono service or have new opportunities to meet The Florida Bar’s pro bono goals and objectives – and the need is great in our community.
Involvement in your local bar association through committee service is an excellent way to network with other legal professionals and improve TBA’s key programs. We want our campaign to take the Tallahassee Bar Association to the next level – but we can’t do it without YOU. If you’re not a member yet, please email us and let us know what we can do to encourage your involvement. We welcome new-member referrals, ideas and input – no suggestions are too large or too small.