The Tallahassee Bar Association’s Lifetime Professionalism Award honors lawyers, judges or law professors who for a period of at least 25 years have demonstrated professionalism and true dedication to the legal profession and the legal community through civil, community or legal service.
Nominees must be Tallahassee Bar Association members; one nominee will be selected annually. Nomination forms are due by Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. The 2017 award will be presented at the Tallahassee Bar Association’s holiday party in December. Previous recipients are Second Judicial Circuit Judge Charles A. Francis (2015) and Florida Division of Administrative Hearings Director and Chief Judge Robert S. Cohen (2016).
Nomination Application Requirements
- Nomination Form. Complete and submit the nomination form to the address or email address on the form.
- Nominee’s Resume. Include the nominee’s resume or biography.
- Supporting Materials. Nominations may include up to five news or magazine articles written by or about the candidate and no more than five letters of support from individuals or organizations.
- Complete Submission Package. In order to be considered, all of the above items must be received by Tallahassee Bar Association Executive Director Joann Gore by the close of business on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- The nomination form and your supporting materials constitute the sole basis for the nomination.
- Materials will not be returned.
- The limitation on articles and letters of support will be observed. Any materials in excess of five articles or five letters will not be considered.