Solo and small firm attorneys are meeting in Key West from May 11 to 14 to attend the 2016 Joint Spring Meeting presented by the ABA Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division; ABA Standing Committee on Group and Prepaid Legal Services; and Group Legal Services Association.
TBA members will receive a discount on the registration fee of up to $100. The lowest registration rate available is just $249! Here is a link to the event information: www.ambar.org/gpsolospringmeeting.
The early bird registration rate ends on April 20.
We are offering outstanding CLE programs*, which will take place in an idyllic location. There is something for everyone, including:
- Local and national speakers in two moderated discussions: Stand Your Ground Laws and the implications of the Supreme Court’s decision in Obergefell on solo and small firm legal practices;
- Technology Tips such as leveraging your social media accounts, defending robo-audits, and ethically using technology to take your practice to the next level;
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation especially since it is always evolving. You need to know all aspects of continuing compliance with the federal tax code and ERISA, as well as other applicable federal and state laws affecting compensation and employee benefit arrangements including the Pension Protection Act, the Affordable Care Act, etc;
- Family Law programs such as Marriage Equality 2.0: What LGBT Couples Have and What Lawyers Hold, and Guardianship: The Brave New World;
- Estate Planning issues that address the Basics of Bankruptcy for Home Owners;
- How Group Legal Services Plans can help lawyers generate additional revenue, provide free marketing, avoid accounts receivable from clients, and receive direct payments; and
- Networking events not to be missed . . . Beach Party, Dine Arounds, Culinary Classes and Sunset Cruise!
12.5 hours of MCLE credit, including 1.0 hours of ethics credit, have been requested in 60-minute states, and 15.0 hours of MCLE credit, including 1.0 hours of ethics credit, have been requested in 50-minute states.
Contact Kimberly Kocian for more information:
Director, Solo, Small Firm and General Practice Division
American Bar Association
321 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654
T: (312) 988-5636